- Buffalo routers are known for their high-quality and wireless network reliability.
- These routers run a special open source router firmware called DD-WRT that’s robust & feature-rich.
- Make sure you do not get a Buffalo router with stock firmware! Those have not been tested and are not nearly as feature rich as those provided by the open source DD-WRT firmware!
- As well, please ensure that you do NOT get the “DD-WRT NXT” version of the software. This is a stripped down version with far less robust configuration settings.
- The N600 routers are unfortunately no longer in production. Note that any Buffalo DD-WRT router is recommended.
- These routers have Advanced Bandwidth Control, which were effective at resolving call quality problems due to bandwidth overutilization.
- None at this time.
- Do only the “Temporary Resolution” section in the article DD-WRT: Routers running the DD-WRT firmware.